Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm leaving soon...

...and thus I'm thinking about how I'm going to miss Istanbul. Yes, of COURSE I'm going to miss this unique and beautiful city - miss my great friends here and all the places we go, things we do, all the great food and sounds and sights. But I've also missed home the whole time I've been here, and moving back a isn't such a terrible thing.

The thing is, I'm lucky enough to live in California: land of sun and sand and where my best friends are. And as a friend once put it, it's like going on vacation but actually living life. I live 5 minutes from the beach when I'm at school, I have almost perfect weather like, 360 days of the year. I have amazing sunsets and sunrises and awesome adventures awaiting me back home, and yeah, tabii, of course I'm going to miss Turkey. But Home, I'm looking forward to you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment